Dr Rose-Marie Daly
Consultant Paediatric Dentist
Dr Rose-Marie Daly qualified in University College Cork and worked in private practice, community dentistry and the Dublin Dental Hospital before seeking specialty training in the UK. She completed her Paediatric Dentistry training at the Leeds Dental Institute in Yorkshire. She obtained a Specialist Membership in Paediatric Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2009. Dr Daly has a Fellowship in Paediatric Dentistry awarded by the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
Dr Daly was appointed to the Bon Secours Hospital in 2010 as a Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry. She has established Munster’s only dedicated Paediatric Dental Practice. She is past president of the Kerry Branch of the Irish Dental Association. She is the former Chair of the Public Affairs and Public Relations Committee of the Irish Dental Association. Dr Daly has presented her research internationally. Her research interests include dental decay and childhood obesity and decay and glycaemic index. She lectures both nationally and internationally.
Dr Daly’s main focus continues to be helping Irish parents to improve oral health for their children. She is a passionate advocate for children’s oral health in her community. She regularly lectures on oral health care for children and adolescents to medical and dental professionals nationally. She has been published in numerous peer reviewed scientific journals. Her educational newspaper articles for parents on children’s oral health have been syndicated in numerous publications.
Dr Daly and her team provide a calm and caring environment for children, particularly those who are anxious and fearful. Many dentists refer to her for behaviour management, specialised treatments and techniques. Many parents choose Dr Daly’s services to build confidence for their children and are delighted with the positive and nurturing approach where parents are always present during the child’s treatment. Most treatment is provided at her office in Ivy Terrace, however treatment is also possible in a hospital setting in the Bon Secours Hospital Tralee if it is more appropriate for the child.
- 2003 Bachelor of Dental Science, University College Cork
- 2005 Membership of the Faculty of Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- 2009 Masters of Dental Science in Paediatric Dentistry, Leeds, UK
- Fellowship of Paediatric Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland
- Membership in Paediatric Dentistry, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Certificate in Dental Sedation for Children, Leeds Dental Institute
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis, British Society of Clinical Hypnosis, London
- 2015 LLM (Master of Law in Medical Ethics)
- American Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- European Society of Paediatric Dentistry
- International Association of Dental Traumatology
- Irish Dental Association
- Irish Society for Dentistry for Children
- International Association of Paediatric Dentistry
- British Society of Paediatric Dentistry
Awards and Prizes
- Lederman prize for research on “Caries and Nutrition”
- Max Horsnel Travel Award